Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's and sons

There is something about the relationship between Mothers and sons. It is different than the bond between Mothers and daughters, but it is a bond nonetheless. I watched it reveal itself over the weekend at our families Mother’s Day gathering.

Our son’s are older now with growing children of their own and even though it is not said directly I think as adult children age they become more aware of the time, care, concern and unconditional love their Mother had for them. Actually I should not put that in the past for my wife’s unconditional love for her sons, and I suspect all Mother’s feel the same way, is current, ongoing and never ending. The attentiveness, the conversation, the gestures of demonstrable love from our son’s were evident and pleasing to watch.

My own Mother, who has long since passed, was not far from my mind on Mother’s Day.

I remember…..
A kiss hello and a kiss good-bye.
A hug when I was hurting, even when I was an adult.
Understanding, when she didn’t.
Worry when she needn’t.
Bragging when she shouldn’t
Giving when she couldn’t.
And I will always remember her smile.
I remember too, her happy tears and laughter and her unconditional love for me that came with every hope, every success and every failure. And in the positive memory and love for my own mother, comes an acknowledgment and an appreciation for all Mom’s  especially my wife Ann, the one who made me a Father.






No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation