Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Gem of Inspiration

I received the following missive from one friend and then contacted the author for permission to share it with readers of this blog.

It is a masterpiece of prose and poetic truths. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have and in our collective  appreciation please join me in thanking John Lowe for his spiritual insight and sharing.

rgs

A note from John Lowe: "I am retired from higher education administration but currently work part time for fun at a spiritual and holistic health bookstore.  Hobbies include travel, contract bridge, reading and dabbling in writing poetry.  I am always looking for the Oneness in everything."


A Preemptive  Declaration  of  Peace


I declare peace on myself
With all of my imperfections
For I am a child of God

I declare peace on my parents
As flawed as my upbringing may have been
For they are my connection to the past and the foundation of my future

I declare peace on my children
Even when they rebel against me
For I must help them succeed and to eventually succeed me

I declare peace on my community
For this is where I live and work and raise my family
And it is here that I need to be an example for others

I declare peace on all political parties
As different as they are ,  they are all the same
Deep down they only want what they believe is best

I declare peace on my government
Even when I do not always agree with its direction
For it is the hope of so many around the world

I declare peace on all women
For they are the source of my life and the portal to my future
They are the connection of humanity to Mother Earth

I declare peace on all men
Even when they rape and pillage the Earth
For in the end they must lead us to the Promised Land

I declare peace on all the children of the Earth
For they are our future and our salvation
It is they who are closest to God

I declare peace on all races
For there is only one race, the Human Race
We all have a common ancestor and were all created in God’s image

I declare peace on all who are different than myself
For as I judge them I am only judging me
They are the lessons of tolerance, patience and acceptance

I declare peace on all nations
Especially those who seek to dominate us
For our future survival lies in cooperation, not competition

I declare peace on my enemies
For they are no different than I
We must learn to see each other as One

I declare peace on the oceans
For it is there where life began on Earth
And only healthy oceans will sustain us

I declare peace on the atmosphere
For it bestows upon us the breath of life
Without clean air our bodies will become toxic

I declare peace on the land
For it is the source of our food which is our medicine
And it is what keeps us grounded in our journeys toward ascension

I declare peace on the forests and jungles
For they are the lungs of the Earth
And the incubator and home of the greatest biodiversity

I declare peace on our Mother Earth
We must all work to support, sustain and nourish her
For in failing to do this we will surely perish

I declare peace on my faith
Although it is my faith it is not perfect
And I must work within it to help achieve its potential

I declare peace on all other faiths
Because I recognize that all faiths are aspects of the one true faith
That all faiths lead back to their source, the source of all

I declare peace on my God
For creating a world so imperfect and violent
Because deep down I know it is I who has made it thus, not God

Oh, and did I mention I declare peace on myself
Because peace begins with me
If I fail in this mission there will be no peace on Earth


Who will you declare peace on today?

John Lowe ©

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation