Friday, March 22, 2013

Underlined Passages


Good Morning on this magnificent Friday.

The prologue to this blog includes a statement of my interests. I’ve written about and still do dabble each day in the quest for spiritual understanding.

Through the years I have read hundreds of books and lectures on spirituality. They other day I picked up an old tome and started going through some of the passages I had underlined years ago; for me the passages still have value and validity.

Today’s post will include a litany of those underlining’s to share with you. If you find they have value for you, send me an email and I will share the name and author of the book from where they came.

To wit:

“You strive so valiantly to create a happy future. You hold with such reverence the joy as well as the pain of the past. In so doing you rob yourselves of the lives you have come to live, for if you are living in history or anticipation, you are not living in the moment.”

“When you insist on understanding, you remove yourselves from the moments of magic.”

“If you can allow each moment its own uniqueness, you will find a way through the forest.”

“Recognize that there is no future and no past. Each moment is filled with its own riches. You live NOW.”

Be well my friends.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation