Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hope


It’s Election Day!

Here’s what I hope.

I hope the best team to secure our collective future wins the Presidential election.

I hope the two political sides come together not just in the spirit of cooperation, but in the physical compromise of genuine enthusiasm needed to correct past mistakes, end bickering and prepare a future for our children that is constructed in the grandest vision we can imagine.

I hope this will be the generation of politicians, old and young, who will see the futility of solving conflicts with force, who will see that borrowing from the future is futile for it destabilizes the foundations of legitimate sustained growth, who will pledge to look for the greater good, rather than seek partisan spoils, and who will finally choose to be of service, not just to serve for their own aggrandizement, longevity and advancement.

I hope that health care becomes a right not a pawn in the game of budget politics.

I hope that new examples set in the highest offices of our land become the bookmarks for the business ethics of wall street, main street, and the Sesame Streets of the world for there in lies the future of our planet.

I hope that educational opportunity at a fair price becomes the reality in our land for ignorance and sloth leads to civilization collapse.

I hope the ignorant, the prejudiced, the haters of our society and those who roam the world will find comfort in fairness, understanding in truth and honor in the lives and history they have.

I hope that we all understand that hope without action borders on arrogance and we have to participate to make this a good life, a productive life, a successful life and that we are not due abundance by virtue of birth.

I hope that this will be a time of unconditional love, of courtesy, of honoring our spirits as ONE.


No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation