Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Seventy-Five

Seventy-Five

Well, here it is! Three-quarters of a century. Seventy-five is both a profound, as well as, just a numbered birthday.

There are many other significant numbers in one’s lifetime, but this one, when and if you get here, is one of the biggies.

I will celebrate it with superb friends still here. My bride is gone, but I know she will be wishing and singing with all my other family members and friends on the other side. They know I will see them soon since eternity is their reference point.

There are many reasons why seventy-five is significant.

1.    Not too many get there.
2.    If you do, you’re surprised.
3.    You realize nothing is as important as you thought it was.
4.    Your goals are for tomorrow and not beyond that.
5.    Appreciation of each courtesy is amplified by its grace.
6.    History is indeed prologue.
7.    Repetition is the failure of humanity.
8.    Hope is eternal.
9.    Love is the only answer to hate.
10.    Each day brings an experienced expectation of new things.

My wish for this day.

Love one another with no conditions.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation