Friday, January 10, 2014

Governor Christie

Political skullduggery has been around since the time politics began. there have been some nasty ones that resulted in career endings, resignations, and jail time, like the Watergate scandal during the President Nixon administration.

I've read a few super critical comments on Governor Christie following his news conference yesterday to answer questions regarding the debacle at the George Washington Bridge in Fort Lee, New Jersey. The Governor denied any knowledge and involvement of the political retaliation against the Fort Lee mayor who did not endorse Christie for re-election.

I believe him, although many of my journalistic colleagues do not. I've see enough misuse of power by underlings and even senior staff in my years of covering the political scene. Power will always corrupt some of those who are appointed to positions where power can be exercised.

In this case I think Governor Christie deserves the benefit of the doubt, but only if all his denials of unknowing prove to be valid.

In our society today we are so quick to judge and so quick to criticize. Perhaps it is time we all look within first and then keep silent until, with proof, we can say, " I told you so."

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation