Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Shout into the Wind

A friend of mine asked the other day, do I ever feel like I’m shouting into the wind. I answered.
“I think truth has always been shouted into the wind for it is then blown back into the cradled face of thought for discernment.
I am reminded of Shakespeare’s King Lear, Act 3, Scene 1
“Bids the winds blow the earth into the sea or swell the curled water ‘bove the main, that things might change or cease.”
Truth does not shout into a zephyr wind for change or ceasing. In my view it prefers the tempest as a carrier back to the source for constant examination, but it also benefits those in the lea of the wind who hear the fragmented muffled sounds of something different and get curious.
And so I shout!”
If I put it poetically it would be this way.

Shout to The Wind
©2013 Rolland G. Smith

Shout to the wind and say your truth
And hear it back to check it out.
Then gnaw it clean with mind and tooth
Make sure it’s pure and with no doubt.

The wind will take your truth and sigh
And send it past those hearing not.
They’ll know not why it passes by
With power lost that they forgot.

So shout into the wind my friend
And worry not what will be heard.
The time will come when time will end
And truth will be the primal word.




No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation