Thursday, October 18, 2012

Yesterday


What a day yesterday. My midday was delightful with a luncheon with a former colleague in the news business. We chose a mutual location at West Point at the Hotel Thayer.

West Point, has a phenomenal history beginning during the American revolutionary war and building a fort to keep the British from advancing north to Albany and then onto lake George, lake Champlain and in into what is today known as Canada.

It was a beautiful fall day in the Hudson River valley. Crisp, but bright. Colorful, but not yet cold. Sun warmth, but only if you sit in the shine. We sat outside for lunch.

I should have taken the day then as a gift.

I had a wonderful luncheon, but then I returned home to the headlines on my computer screen.

1.   Fed bombing plot foiled in NYC
2.   Lance Armstrong gets dumped.
3.   Meningitis deaths rise.
4.   Violent crimes up 17% in 2011

I looked and looked for other headlines that would amplify my positive frame of mind. Nothing. Maybe today will be different.

I hope it is for you.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation