Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Presidential Debate Two


I watched the debate. I thought it was lively, sometimes contentious, and effective from both sides and filled with facts and falsehoods. It certainly showed a difference between the two men and their policies and that difference will be judged in the voting booth in November.

What I didn’t like was the commentating after the debate where the men and women of each political and party persuasion tried to downplay the other side with characteristic political spin.

I’d still like a debate where the two candidates sit without an audience, without a moderator and just talk about their plans for the future. I’d also dump the who won and who lost spin after the debate ends.

It is of no value for our collective future.

Anyway I look forward to the next one, next Monday.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation