Monday, February 28, 2011

Nature's Silence

I have been visiting this ski condo with my friends for nearly 25 years. Their generous gift of a yearly invitation has created a mind book of memories with new chapters of laughter, enlightened conversations, and skiing experiences added every year.

I have skied in Europe and at many resorts in the United States, to me there is none finer than Beaver Creek, Colorado. It is self contained, if you want it to be, in other words you don't have to leave the mountain for quality restaurants or services. The trails and amenities are abundant and it serves all levels of skier.

I am a far more gentle skier than I was in my youth. Where once conquering  nature and her terrain was the goal; today becoming one with her is the joy. 

There is nothing like a graceful glide down a pristine powdered slope where mountain fir trees of all sizes poke whisker-like through the snow.

There is another aspect of skiing that I missed in my youth. The silence! When young we rush to get down the hill so we can rush back up and in doing so we miss one of the greatest gifts of nature. 

In my December years of life I slow down and stop and listen to the silence of the mountain. It is cleansing, inspiring, invigorating, and profound.

Silence is a gift from the Source that links us to All That Is.

Tomorrow some pictures.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
E Friedman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation