Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Life's Reminders

Good Morning,

My trip across Pennsylvania and Ohio and into rural Indiana was
pleasant. The roads were clear, but the the temperatures were frigid.
The cold kept the melting spray on the roads to a minimum so wind
shield clarity was a plus.

Lunch and dinner were similar. Terrible!

I acknowledge I have a cultivated taste based on years of fine cuisine
availability. I had lunch at a truck stop. I was the only one in the
dining area. In retrospect that should have told me something. I
always thought truck stops had the best food. Not!

I ate a little bit and figured I'd wait till dinner. Wrong!

I was tired of driving and pulled into what I though was a upscale
roadway Inn. Wrong!

Its marketing on signs along the I-70 Interstate was inviting. It
said it had a nice rating. It said it had a lounge. Whoa! It did, but
it was the size of a large closet. The food was horrible, the wine
bad, the service questionable. I didn't want to think about what the
kitchen looked like.

The experience was wonderful. It reminded me of the gifts I have and how often I
forget to remember how fortunate I am.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Les said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation