Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tucson Memorial

I watched the tribute ceremony in Tucson last night. I thought it was wonderful, healing, honoring, inspiring and spiritual.

It had its surprises, its tears, and even its subliminal politics, however subdued it was within the words of praise, memory and patriotism.

I liked the beginning where a Mexican American and a tribal American gave thanks to the creator of all things and in so many ways.

I thank CNN for its complete coverage; start to finish, of the University of Arizona event to memorialize the deceased and to pray for the healing of those who were wounded and who grieve in personal loss.

I am disappointed in the traditional networks ABC, CBS, NBC who only saw sanctity in the singular coverage of President Obama’s speech and not covering the whole event. I saw this as a moment of national introspection and healing and a moment of personal reflection of violence far away, but emotionally close.

Within our shared sorrow I am also reminded of the profound spiritual admonition. Everything is as it should be.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation