Monday, May 24, 2010

Storms and Awareness

Just recently I was outdoors and saw playful storm clouds tease the mountains with dancing light and shadows as on and off showers spread a few sprinklings to the sunny valley where I stood in awe.

The distance used the scenic tableau as a singular vision and lit the far off mountains with a colorful purple brilliance that few see in a lifetime, let alone in a single day. The light was a prayer with no words. It was a soft embrace with no touch. It was a symphony with a score of soundless music and crescendos brilliant in its silence.

And then I moved to another place of peace and there, as if it were a package tied, decorated and ready to be unwrapped by all who saw it was a high definition opening in a canopy of green to the heightened May blue of sky.

High, very high, was a circling Golden Eagle. The Sun’s reflection on its under-wings made it a precious idol, an auric icon of the Great Spirit’s manifestation on the earth and that was enough for me.

I have seen and felt the same God-presence in the beauty of a Rose. I have seen and felt the same spiritual connection in the fragrance of a pine forest after a summer rain and in the drifts of snow as they pillowed white softness upon the earth. I have seen and felt the same oneness in the tunes of little birds when they sing their songs of self and joy.

The eagle is now gone and so is the light on the mountains, but not the image of beauty, not the scent of fragrance, not the sparkle of light, nor the little songs for they are forever, not only within my heart, but within my words.

I wish you could have been there!

3 comments:

Topher08 said...

Me Too!!!

Anonymous said...

You have a way with words that takes us right there! Thank you.

Gabi K said...

I can see it with my inner eye...

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation