Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Eclecitic Thoughts

I’ve often said in these posts that I subscribe to a magazine called “The Week.” It is a compendium of the weeks events gleaned from magazines and newspapers from around the world.

This weeks issue, the week of May 29th is the one that supplies my thoughts for today’s post. Rand Paul was the first page article and that was my post from yesterday, so I’ll leave that to the past.

I’m only going to give some headlines for short clips often summarize the spirit of a nation at a particular moment in time. I will leave the big stories like Supreme Court designate Kagan’s sexuality and the devastating oil spill to your individual interest, but here are some the little stories and headlines I gleaned from the magazine.

I love this one: Two Russian people who didn’t know each other were about to commit suicide at the same time by jumping off the same bridge over the Belaya River in Ufa. They apparently looked at each other and decided not to jump and subsequently fell in love. Try that in a sit-com and see if it flies.

An Alabama high school teacher decided to teach his geometry class about angles. His example was stupid! He said if you are in a building and the President is here, this is the angle you would use to shoot him. Good grief!

In the tiny headlines:

More US Troops are now hospitalized for mental-health disorders than from battle wounds.

55% of polled voters want their states to follow Arizona’s lead on immigration.

People glued to their television set eat up to 71% more food. Here’s the subliminal admonition. Turn off the foolishness of Glenn Beck, Bill O’Reilly and Keith Olbermann and dozens more and get slimmer. It’s a perfect weight loss diet.

I trust you will have a great day.

1 comment:

CameliaS佳宣 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation