Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I am not a fool.

I know that good friends respect the beliefs of the other. I know that good friends can share their camaraderie and their political constructs. I know too that good friends can disagree with the other’s political policies with an equally valid political passion and each has the constitutional right of their belief and they remain friends.

I received the following from a very good friend. He labeled it a “profound” quote.

It is not profound. It is profane.

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.” -- Author Unknown

I don’t agree with this statement and I find it offensive, not only to me, but the Presidency of the United States. The President of the United States is not a fool - only the name caller is. The fact it is not signed is an indication to me that it was constructed by a political action committee whose aims were and are degrading the President and promoting nefarious political aggrandizements.

This anti-Obama, anti-American, anti-democracy rhetoric is unadulterated crap.

I voted for Mr. Obama. In the past I have voted for Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, and George W. Bush because I thought they were the best person for the job at the time. I also voted for Mr. Clinton for the same reason.

I voted for Mr. Obama, this time, because I believed it was necessary for political change.

The “Author Unknown” labels me “a fool” and so does my friend, by association. My friend is wrong. I am not a fool, nor is anyone else who voted in the past election.

What I am and what the majority of American voters are, via the Electoral College system, are patriotic Americans exercising our franchise via an individual vote by which we choose the best person for the job. Majority rules.

It’s called DEMOCRACY.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation