Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A small gift with a large impact.

I received a gift several days ago from new friends in Vermont. Their names are Caitlin and Peter Adair. They live at a small retreat center called Sanctuary in Westminster West, Vermont. Check them out if you choose. www.sanctuaryvermont.com.

Peter’s gift was a calendar he produced where each month honors the earth and its sacredness. One of the beginning quotes of the calendar comes from a Uvavnuk, woman shaman of the Igloolik Inuit recorded in the early 1920’s by Knud Rasmussen.

The quote is entitled Song of Ecstasy.

I include it in this morning blog because the words are truth and truth moves mountains and feelings.

“Song of Ecstasy

    I think over again
My small adventures
    My fears
Those small ones that seemed so big
    For all of the vital things
I had to get and to reach
And yet there is only one great thing
To live and see the great day that dawns
    And the light that fills the world.”

I love this truth. It fits every morning of the year where we awake and we appreciate. Let not the dramas in Washington distract us from our inner knowing and let us trust the core of unconditional love.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation