Friday, July 18, 2008

Lyme Disease


Hi Folks,

Sorry for the long delay in posting, but I was bitten by a deer tic and the result was Lyme Disease. Just in case you are the kind of person that spends some time outdoors or perhaps your children do, I have some cautions for you.

Check the kids daily everywhere and I mean everywhere, if you know what I mean. The little sucker that got me was no bigger than the head of pin, but he/she sure caused some big problems.

The headline would be. I have never felt that sick from any illness, disease, flu, cold, or bug that has a name in my life. The symptoms may vary from person to person, but mine started with a slight fever and then it went very quickly to total malaise, aches in every muscle and joint and a giant bulls-eye where the little tyke attached itself to my right arm on the back of the bicep.

I was expecting it to be Lyme Disease, but I did not expect it to be so debilitating so quickly. I did get to the doctor as soon as the bulls-eye appeared and have been on an antibiotic for a few days now and even though I still feel rotten, I know within a few weeks I’ll be back to normal. Good hunting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back in the saddle, my friend.

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation